Long Days

March 7, 2014

My alarm went off at 5:10 am. I reluctantly got myself out of bed at 5:30. From 6 am-5:30 pm I hopped from work to my internship to class.

Today was long.

I think it's interesting how we usually use the word "long" as a negative thing in reference to time. That lecture was long. What a long day. Church ran long!

Really, I think I'm saying my day was too short. By the time I was done with all of my scheduled responsibilities, it was dinnertime and I still had homework and other things to take care of. Wouldn't it be amazing to have a really long day?! To have the time to do all the things I need to do, to talk to the people I've been shuffling to the side, to sit in silence. Actually, I wish today was long!

I guess that by putting in the work now, I'll have less to do over my spring break so I can spend time with some friends I haven't seen in a while. I'm hoping I have many wonderfully loooooooooong days awaiting! I'll need to remember to appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment